On the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6210, the program throws an error message that says, “A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file.” The error usually occurs when a user tries to open the company file on QuickBooks. Moreover, the user gets an error message, “We’re Sorry. Quickbooks encountered a problem when opening the company file,” while launching QuickBooks. The error usually occurs when QuickBooks configuration files are damaged or corrupted.
If you are looking for an instant solution to eliminate QuickBooks error 6210, call +1 800-579-9430 and communicate the same with the QuickBooks technical support team
Triggers of QuickBooks Error Code 6210
Let us understand what the reasons that give rise to error 6210 are:
1. QuickBooks Database Server Manager not running on the host computer.
2. Interference from other QuickBooks processes.
3. Damaged or corrupted .nd and .tlg configuration files of QuickBooks.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6106 1069
Know Steps to Deal with QuickBooks Enterprise error 6210
The troubleshooting process given below includes running QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the QuickBooks Tool Hub and opening the sample company file:
Solution 1. From the Tool Hub, run Database Server Manager
1. Close all open company files, quit QuickBooks Desktop, and then download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
2. We recommend you download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
3. Save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to your Windows Desktop or the Downloads folder so you can easily access it.
4. Go to desktop, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the prompt steps to install.
5. To complete the installation, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
6. Look for the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop and double-click to open it.
7. When it opens, go to Network Issues and click QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
8. You need to install QuickBooks on the host computer if it is not installed.
9. From the server manager, choose your company file and click Start Scan. If you can’t find it, browse to the location and then select Start Scan.
10. Open QuickBooks, then the company file.
If the same issue arises, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Try to access sample company file locally
1. Move to the No Company Open window and choose Open a Sample File.
2. Select from the list of sample company files.
3. When the sample company file opens, follow the steps given below:
- Open the folder that contains the company files.
- Within the folder, search the file with .QBW extension.
- Right-click the file and choose Copy.
- Paste the file to your Windows Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks by pressing the Control key to go to the No Company Open window.
- Choose the Open or restore an existing company option, move to desktop and open the company file you copied.
4. If opening the sample file gives the same error message, you need to repair QuickBooks.
5. If opening the company file locally doesn’t fix the error, try another fix to end all QuickBooks processes.
We are optimistic that the blog will help you sort out QuickBooks error 6210. If the error continues, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing +1 800-579-9430. They will assist you with advanced fixation steps.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 590